Gunleif Grube’s artworks are powerful, colorful and filled with passion. The characteristic red color gives the canvas a dramatic, but also poetic expression. He portrays the human being as wild, erotic and full of life. It is the first time Gunleif Grube exhibits in Berlin.
Gunleif Grube was born in 1947 in the town Skála on the Faroe Islands. He made his début at the K.E.(Copenhagen) in 1980. Since then, he has made international exhibitions at museums and leading galleries and published several art books, television profiles. He is a member of BKF (Danish Union of painters).
Gunleif Grube’s artworks are represented in public and private collections in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Faeroe Islands, The Netherlands, Great Britain, Germany, USA, Japan, France, Luxembourg, China etc.
Vendsyssel Kunstmuseum – Fanø Kunstmuseum – Oldenburg Stadtmuseum – Frederikshavn Kunstmuseum – Færøernes Kunstmuseum – Statens Museum For Kunst – Kunstindustrimuseet – Grand Palais Paris – Le Genie de la Bastille Paris – Grosse Kunstausstellung Düsseldorf – ”The Beatles Forever ” Koldinghus Museum – Gallery Chateau de Burglinster, Luxembourg
• “Færøernes kunstnere” (Artists from the Faroe Islands), publisher Atlantis
• “Dansk kunstnerleksikon” (Danish encyclopaedia of artists) publisher Weilbach
• “Det Røde Rum” (The Red Room), publisher Atelier
• “The Mask”, publisher North – TV.
• Artist profile about Gunleif Grube by Stig Krabbe Barfoed on the Danish television channels DR1 and DR2
• “Kunst i Øjet” (Art in the eyes), on Danish television channel DK4.
• Artist profile about Gunleif Grube by Ole Lindboe.
• ” Kunstneren som sig selv ” Forfatter Ole Lindboe: udgiver Vendsyssel Kunstmuseum.
• ” Kunstens Kald” Forfatter mag.art. Leo Tandrup.
• ”Den Vilde Poet” Forfatter mag.art. Dorthe Rosenfeldt Sieben, udgiver Forlaget Atelier.
• ” Gunleif Grube” Forfatter mag.art. Hanne Lundgren Nielsen, udgiver The Faroe Art Museum.
• ” SEKEL” Forfatter mag.art. Mikael Wivel, udgiver The Faroe Art Museum